Wednesday, April 25, 2012

day two. this precious life.

Have you even been hit with a wave of glory, mercy or love? 

To look at my life and know that God fully loves and accepts me is overwhelming. He knows my past, present and future. He knows my thoughts. He knows my words. He knows my actions. He knows the motives of my heart. And yet, He still is consumed with burning love and passion for me. 

There's a line in Chris Tomlin's song, "Indescribable" that says, "You know the depths of my heart, and you love me the same." 

How incredible to think about. I find myself sitting in New Testament, thinking to myself, "Is my life real?" Do I really get to go to school in a church, start class off with incredible worship and prayer, and learn about the Word of God? Just the fact that we get to have, read, behold the Word of God in our hands and dig into it and get it into our hearts...what an honor. There are so many that do not have access to God's Word and long for it. We have it and so often we take it for granted.

Has the weight of God's Word ever just slapped you in the face? 

I sit here with my Bible and my eyes are tearing up just thinking about how incredible it is that we are saved by the overwhelming grace of God, that we are free from sin and death, that we get to have communion and relationship with the God of everything. We have direct access to the God of the Universe. WHAT?! Why don't we understand the power we have living inside of us and that is available to us? If we truly understood,  there wouldn't be all these defeated Christians walking around in chains! 

Take a moment to think of where God rescued you from. Never forget where you have come from. Think about the weight of the honor we have in being able to behold God's eternal Word, His heart, His face, His love and grace. 

 This life we have in Jesus is precious. The word precious means: 

High cost, worthy, esteemed, precious. 

The Word of God is precious. God's love is precious. The Blood of Jesus is precious. Our suffering for Jesus is precious. God our Father calls us precious, chosen, loved. You are precious. This life is precious. Let's begin to treat it as so. Let's not take for granted the life, love, grace and freedom we have in Jesus.
What we have is far more valuable than all of the gold the world could possible hold.

1 Peter 1:6-9 --- "So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.You love him even though you have never seen him. Though you do not see him now, you trust him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy. The reward for trusting him will be the salvation of your souls."

1 comment:

  1. You have a lot of positivity throughout your blog :-) I really love reading it.

    ReplyDelete