Saturday, May 19, 2012

home.

I miss home.

I miss everything about home.

I wake up thinking about Alabama, and I go to sleep thinking about Alabama.

I don't like not being there.

I miss my family.

I miss my friends.

I miss my church.

I miss my house.

I miss the beautiful scenery. The trees. The lakes. The rivers. The breathtaking sunsets.

I miss being in a place where I know I belong.

I miss Monday and Thursday chapels with my Highlands College family.

I miss Switch.

I miss my students.

I miss my dogs.

I miss my spiritual moms and dads.

I miss serving in the nursery.

I miss being somewhere where I can call up a number of people to spend time with, and they'll be there.

I found myself wanting to go somewhere and do something the other night, but I don't have any friends here that I can call to do that. At least not ones I'm close enough with to do that.

I miss Pastor Chris's messages on Sundays.

I miss CORE.

I miss going to Sam's Club to shop for Switch.

I miss my D-Group.

I miss the Starbucks on 119.

I miss my brother, sister-in-law, and my favorite kids.

I miss playing sports with HC.

I miss the humidity.

I miss the craziness of my homesponsors.

I miss them making fun of me and all the fun times we have as a family.

I miss going to church and seeing my HC family.

I miss late night talks with my homesponsors.

I miss walks with my roommate.

I need to stop lamenting. I just miss everything about Alabama so much.

85 days until I go home. But nobody is counting, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment