Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thankfulness.

Psalm 69:30 “I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.”

I have to admit, this is one of my favorite holidays. It is the one day out of the year that is devoted to being thankful, and partaking in the gifts God has given to us. Although, shouldn’t everyday be a day of thanks? Why do we only dedicate one day to thanking God? Each morning we should wake up, look at our King and say “Thank You, Lord, for giving me this day and for the blessings and hardships that wait for me today. I love you.” This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!

Psalm 100:4 “Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.”

So, I would like to take a moment to express what I am thankful for.

1. First and foremost, I am thankful for Jesus. I am so thankful that He came as one of us, wrapped in flesh, experienced what we experienced, and died a criminal’s death in order to save us. He was innocent and blameless, yet He sacrificed Himself, for us… the guilty ones. The Bible tells us that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. What incredible love. Its overwhelming, really, to think about. I am thankful that He thought of me, that He saved me through His amazing grace, even though I don’t deserve it. I am thankful that no matter how many times I screw up, He always forgives me and picks me back up. I am thankful that I get to be immersed in a divine romance with Jesus, with His am my bridegroom. He is my faithful best friend. I am thankful that God has proven Himself as my perfect Father. God is my friend, my King, my Savior, my Lover, my Hope, my Shield, my EVERYTHING.

2. I am thankful for my family. I love my family so much, and although sometimes we don’t get along the greatest, we love each other a lot and they are such a huge blessing in my life. I thank God for my incredible mother, who has been the backbone and strength of this family since the day our dad left us. She has sacrificed so much for us and thinks more about us than she ever does about herself. She is so full of love, grace, and passion. She presses us to be the best that we can be. I love my siblings so much. They are some of my best friends in the world.

3. I am thankful for my friends. I have been surrounded by the greatest people who love me and I love them. They have been rocks in my life. I am so blessed to know each and every one of them.

4. I am thankful for my church. I am part of the most beautiful and incredible church ever, Centro Familiar Nueva Vida. My pastora, Ivette, has been used by God in such an amazing way to impact and change my life. If it weren’t for her love, wisdom and guidance, I assure you I would not be alive today. She has been with me through so much and helped me through some of life’s worst seasons. She taught me the most beautiful language in the world, but also has taught me about life, godliness, walking with Jesus and what love and family is. The church is my big extended Hispanic family! They are amazing people. I have grown so much spiritually in the 5 years I have been at CFNV. The presence of God is always there and so present.

5. I am thankful for all the suffering, hardships, and tests I have been through. They have broken me, molded me, given me character, experience, and made me who I am today. My pain and struggles can now be used as a testimony and hope for others who have been through similar things. I have been through the fire and came out refined.

6. I am thankful that I have a house to live in, a car to drive, food to eat, water to drink, a job to support myself with, and clothing to keep me covered. So many people around the world have so little, even nothing, I am so rich in the place I am right now.

I encourage you, even challenge you to think upon and write down the things that you are most grateful for. It will make your heart feel so full, and take the focus off of yourself.

Now, this Thanksgiving holiday…go stuff your faces full of delicious food. Then run 5 miles so it doesn’t stay with you

I am also thankful that I get to eat this year, as 2 years ago and even last year I was battling with an eating disorder. But THANKS be to God, I am now free!

Jeremiah 30:19 ”From them will come songs of thanksgiving and the sound of rejoicing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment