Monday, January 10, 2011

Sisters. Forever.

This is my sister, Mel. Not only is she my sister, she is one of my best friends. There are really no words to express how very much I love this beautiful woman. Even though there is the greatest age difference between us (about 16 years), I consider her to be the closest to me.

Allow me to tell you why she is so wonderful. Melanie is selfless. She cares more about other people than she does herself. She sacrifices her own comfort and desires to serve others. She is an incredible mother to five beautiful and extraordinary kids, and a faithful and pure wife to her husband. She is beautiful. The beauty of God radiates from her life. Everything she does and who she is is a reflection of the beauty of God. The love of Christ bursts from her life like a brilliant light. From her smile, her laugh, her words, her actions, the way she carries herself; the love of God is so present and visible. She can light up a room with her brilliant personality. She is a woman of wisdom. She loves the Word of God and digs deeper to get to know His heart even deeper than she already does. She lives a lifestyle of worship. Her life is a song to the King. She is funny, few people can make me laugh like Mel. I love to laugh with her, and even sometimes at her. ;) She is confident and knows who she is in Christ. She knows her worth and friends, that is incredible. She is a model of what it means to follow Christ. She is positive and upbeat. She hates negativity and complaining and no matter what her circumstances she is always looking at the bright side. She is pure and strives to live a life of holiness. She serves. She knows how to speak life to dead places. She has strong faith. She has a sweet, sweet spirit; but at the same time feisty.

She is my friend, but most importantly, she is my sister. Forever.

I love you Melanie.

1 comment:

  1. wow..I am speechless! I can say a lot of the same things about you my sister!! I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete